RNA, DNA, and protein samples can be measured with high accuracy and reproducibility using just 1ul of sample. The NanoDrop® ND-1000 is a full spectrum (220-750 nm) spectrophotometer that uses a patented sample retention technology that holds the sample in place between the two measurement pedestals by surface tension creating a controlled light path gap. NanoDrop® ND-1000 Applications:
- Nucleic acid concentration and purity (up to 3700 ng/ul for dsDNA)
- Fluorescent dye analysis of labeled microarray samples
- Purified protein analysis (up to 100 mg/ml)
- Protein analysis including standard curves:
- Bradford Assay
- BCA Assay
- Lowry Assay
- Cell density measurements
Measurement Concentration Range:
Lower Limit: 2 ng/ul
Upper Limit: 3700 ng/ul (dsDNA), 3000 ng/ul (RNA), 2400 ng/ul (ssDNA)
NanoDrop Submission Instructions
- Please submit 3ul of each sample in properly labeled tubes or plates. Please do not use flat-bottom plates.
- Samples will be processed within 48hrs and results e-mailed.
- Pricing is $3.00 for 1-10 samples; $5.00 for 11-20 samples.
- Place samples in the freezer located in BRC room 1106 or mail to:
Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Cytometry Research
975 NE 10th Street, BRC1106
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Request services by logging onto the OUHSC Core site via our iLab Solutions portal: https://ouhsc.corefacilities.org/account/login
If you are an internal user, log in using your OUHSC username and password. If you are an external user and do not already have an iLabs account, please register for an account. Once you have logged in, please request the service of your choice. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.