Summer, 2017 Update
We are pleased to announce the completion of the OUHSC five-year Research Strategic Plan(RSP). This plan represents 2 years of tremendous effort, commitment, and collaboration involving input of greater than 150 stakeholders representing leadership, faculty, staff, and students from across OUHSC. We want to express our deepest appreciation and thank everyone for all of their hard work that led to the development of this document.
It is also important that we acknowledge the extensive efforts of the 12-member RSP Committee charged with developing the plan and the four subcommittees (Goal 1, Goal 2, Goal 3, Goal 4) that oversaw the drafting of the objectives, strategies, tactics, and performance measures for each of the respective goals. These committees were comprised of over 50 distinguished faculty and administrators from all colleges across the Health Sciences Center at both the Oklahoma City and Tulsa campuses.
The purpose of the research strategic plan is to provide a road map to advance the university’s research mission by providing guidance on: (1) setting research priorities and activities; (2) strengthening core infrastructure and research facilities, and; (3) identifying and assisting with leveraging significant opportunities and unique strengths. The four goals of the RSP are interrelated and share consistent key themes requiring an environment that optimizes and strengthens research infrastructure, creating conditions needed to attract and retain outstanding researchers, and eliminating the siloed culture through improved communication.
The four goals define the areas of focus for which objectives, strategies, tactics, and performance measures were developed. The tactics identify key steps to foster growth and excellence, ranging from small changes to large-scale culture changes.
Important progress has already been achieved as highlighted by the implementation of the following tactics:
- Establishment of the Research Strategic Plan Oversight Committee of Research Deans/Leaders across the OUHSC colleges, Directors of Centers, and Principal Investigators of large grants (e.g., P20s, P30s) (Goal 4);
- Implementation of Profiles Research Networking Software across the OU Health Sciences Campus. (Goal 1);
- Establishment of the quarterly Research Newsletter (Goal 1);
- Increased funding opportunities for Team Science Seed Grants funded by the Presbyterian Health Foundation (Goals 1 & 2);
- Implementation of Innovation to Impact, a series of discussions for faculty, staff and graduate students about the creation, management, and commercialization of intellectual property (IP) (Goal 1), and;
- Implementation of OU Growth Fund Awards (Goal 1).
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback.
Much good work awaits us as we begin to operationalize the strategic plan. I look forward to partnering with you in the upcoming year.