The return to full, normal operations of research will be a gradual, phased process. In accordance with the OUHSC COVID-19 Return Plan the OUHSC Vice President for Research is announcing a Phase One Reopening of Research that will begin starting Monday, May 11.
Faculty Researchers and laboratory members who have been absent from campus for 7 consecutive calendar days or more must complete the COVID-19 self-screening questionnaire: https://covidreporting.ouhsc.edu/ and submit it before returning to work on campus. They will be notified via email of their screening results. This return to work email should be forwarded to the employee’s direct supervisor upon receipt.
As the nature of COVID-19 remains dynamic, the Specific Pathogens Preparedness Operations Team (SPPOT) and the OUHSC Emergency Operations Committee (EOC) will regularly evaluate the COVID-19 Return Plan and implement new or revised requirements for return when indicated. Research activities will follow any new or revised requirements put forward by these groups.
Phase One Plan for Reopening of Human Subjects Research will occur Monday, May 11.
Details can be found at: https://compliance.ouhsc.edu/HRPP/COVID-19-Information
Phase One Reopening of Bench Laboratory Research will occur Monday, May 11.
Faculty Researchers and laboratory members who have been absent from campus for 7 consecutive days or more must complete the COVID-19 self-screening questionnaire: https://covidreporting.ouhsc.edu/ and submit it before returning to work on campus. They will be notified via email of their screening results. This return to work email should be forwarded to the employee’s direct supervisor upon receipt.
Faculty Researchers Must Follow Steps Below to Reopen Laboratory (Faculty Researchers allowed to continue research must also follow these steps):
- Read and follow the Return to Research – Policy and Plan for Phase One Reopening of Bench Laboratory Research
- Complete and submit the Research Request Worksheet by noon, Thursday, May 7
- Fill out and post the Standard Operating Procedures Form by end of day, Friday, May 8
- Review the following with laboratory members:
- Standard Operating Procedures Form to be posted in laboratory
- Return to Research – Policy and Plan for Phase One Reopening of Bench Laboratory Research
- OUHSC COVID-19 Return Plan
- Standard Operating Procedure for Restarting OUHSC Research Activities prepared by Environmental Health & Safety Office
“Soft Opening” of laboratories that are currently not performing research will occur Wednesday, May 6 to Friday, May 8. Faculty Researchers should utilize this time to prepare for the Phase One Reopening of their laboratory on May 11.
- Only the Faculty Researcher and one laboratory member will be allowed in the lab during this time.
- The Faculty Researcher must prepare, print and post the Standard Operating Procedures Form.
- The Faculty Researcher should utilize the Environmental Health & Safety Checklist for Restarting/Continuing Research Activities to assist with reopening the laboratory.
Core Facilities will continue to operate to support current research activities; however, support will be at a reduced level. The Division of Comparative Medicine is fully functional to support animal care and use as needed. The Office of Research Administration, the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, the Institutional Biosafety Committee, and the Institutional Review Board continue to provide services and oversight.
- All individuals in campus facilities, including research laboratories, must wear disposable or fabric surgical-style facemask masks
- The University will make available to researchers a surgical-style mask. Researchers may wear their own mask, including a fabric mask, so long as it complies with the OUHSC COVID-19 Return Plan.
- Instructions on how to obtain this surgical-style mask will be provided by the researcher’s college/department/building coordinator.