The NIH's National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) released an FOA (RFA-MD-17-005) (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-MD-17-005.html) inviting applications to establish NIMHD Centers of Excellence in eligible institutions of higher education. The purpose of the initiative is to advance the science of minority health and health disparities by conducting transdisciplinary, multi-level research in a defined thematic area and by providing research opportunities and support for post-doctoral fellows, junior faculty, and other investigators. Only one application per institution will be accepted; letters of intent are due April 14, 2017.
Since only one application per institution will be accepted for this FOA the OUHSC Office of the Vice President for Research is soliciting pre-proposals for review to determine the institutional nominee.
Pre-proposals must contain the following information:
1) Cover letter listing PI(s)/PD(s), proposed Key Personnel, proposed title, unifying thematic focus, and proposed NIH-designated health disparity population(s)
2) NIH Biosketch for PI(s)/PD(s) and all proposed Key Personnel
3) Specific Aims Page
4) Overall Core (1 page maximum)
4) Administrative Core – brief description (1 page maximum)
5) Investigator Development Core – brief description (1 page maximum)
6) Community Engagement and Dissemination Core – brief description (1 page maximum)
7) Research projects (limit of 3) – brief description for each research project (1 page maximum per project)
Pre-proposals should also indicate current campus-wide infrastructure that will support the Center and how the proposed Center will exert a sustained, powerful influence on the research area proposed.
Pre-proposals must be submitted to Sheri Melton (Sheri-Melton@ouhsc.edu) in the Office of the Vice President for Research by 5 pm March 17, 2017. Applicants will be notified no later than March 27, 2017.