The Office of Research Administration
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) serves as a central resource to faculty and staff of both the Oklahoma City and Tulsa Health Sciences Center campuses for all aspects of research, training, and public service activities and for the execution of professional service, affiliation, and certain provider contracts. The office provides information regarding funding sources and opportunities; reviews and approves completed proposals and grant applications for compliance with University, federal, state, and sponsor requirements prior to submission to external sponsors; and negotiates and executes all basic research, clinical research, public service, professional service, provider, and affiliation agreements.
ORA serves as the University's liaison with external agencies and organizations for all administrative and contractual matters.
ORA has Institutional signature authority for the submission of grants and execution of research and service-related contracts.
What does ORA do for you?
- Assists in the preparation of completed proposal applications by reviewing all required budget and form pages for compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and sponsor and/or University policies and requirements.
- Assists investigators with collaborative projects with other institutions, including assisting with the preparation of program project grants, federal contract applications and negotiations, and subcontracts.
- Reviews, negotiates, and executes clinical and basic research agreements, including but not limited to: clinical trials, material transfers, confidentiality, and subcontract agreements.
- Reviews, negotiates, and executes professional service, affiliation, and provider agreements, including but not limited to: consulting and speaking agreements; student and resident affiliation agreements; and medical provider agreements for certain Colleges.
- Assists in the identification of sources of external funding support via electronic announcements.