Reviewing a Disclosure
OUHSC policy requires that managers, department, and college (or delegees) review all COI disclosures of their faculty &. Staff disclosures are then routed for review to ORA
To review a COI disclosure:
- Review the information provided
- If approved, sign the form in the designated space and forward to the next level of approval
- The final approver (Dean of College) should send the fully signed document to the discloser
- If Faculty, he/she will either
- If Staff, he/she will email to ORA
When reviewing a disclosure, it is important to consider the following questions:
- Do these activities interfere with the individual's commitment to their OUHSC responsibilities?
- Do the activities use OUHSC resources more than incidentally?
- Could the activities be perceived as influencing the individual's, or department's, decision making in OUHSC work?
- Are graduate students, residents, post-doctoral fellows, or professional students involved?