Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the core facility will only be processing samples to support essential research on COVID-19.
The Proteomics division of the Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Cytometry Research is committed to providing the highest quality services related to proteomic analysis, specifically biomolecule mass spectrometry. The core currently has 2 mass spectrometers
1. Thermo Lumos Fusion tribrid Orbitrap mass spectrometer coupled to an Ultimate 3000 RSLC nano UHPLC. This is instrument is used mainly for protein identification and quantification in complex samples (proteomic analysis of IP samples, cell lysates...), PTM analysis or protein ID.
2. Thermo Quantis triple quadrupole mass spectrometer coupled to a Ultimate 3000 UV-vis HPLC. This instrument is mainly used for targeted proteomics and quantification of small molecules.
Services provided by our facility include:
- High resolution molecular weight determination
- Large biomolecular mass measurements
- LC-UV-MS analysis (qualitative or quantitative)
- Protein identification by proteolytic digest (in-gel or in solution)
- nano LC-MSMS and database search
- Peptide sequencing
- Complex proteomics analysis
If you have any additional questions, please email the lab group (Lmbcr_help@ouhsc.edu) or contact Dr. Virginie Sjoelund.
To speak with someone in person, please feel free to call the main facility number at (405) 271-2337 to schedule an appointment during normal operating hours.
Our Office Hours are Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Sample Drop Off is available Monday through Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Note: All samples dropped off for proteomic analysis or for protein identification on a Friday won't be processed until Monday.
PUBLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: If research supported by this facility results in presentations or publication, we would really appreciate if you acknowledge this support by including the following in your presentation or publication(s):
We thank the Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Cytometry Research at OUHSC for the use of the Core Facility which provided __________ service.